This is the 8th unboxing from the grading service Certified Guaranty Company (CGC) as I set up to sell off my comic book collection to help pay for tuition now that I have two sons in college.
This was an eclectic mix of books. A Masters of the Universe #1, published by Star/Marvel, a key issue showing a confrontation between Captain America and Wolverine, and the very first appearance of Psylocke.
Watch the YouTube video to see the CGC grades and my reaction!
Are you interested in purchasing one of my graded comics? Right now I haven’t put my books up for sale. Send me a message if you want to be notified when they are being listed. Or if you want to make an offer.
Please click the Like and Subscribe button. I’ll be sharing more unboxings, as I progress along in my journey figuring out how to sell comics online.
Leave a comment.
Detail pages (close up images of my issues):
CGC graded detail pages (links to certified results):
eBay for sale* (what is up for sale right now)
eBay Comp research* (what has been sold in the recent past on eBay)
- Blog https://towns-end-comics.com
- Twitter https://twitter.com/TownsEnd_Comics
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/townsend_comics/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TownsEndComicsBooks/
- “CGC Unboxing: Cap vs. Wolverine, First Psylocke, and He-man”
- “CGC Unboxing: Short, but sweet – First Infinity Gauntlet” https://youtu.be/I7kBFSmesDY
- “CGC Unboxing: 1st Deadpool; Ms. Marvel #1; Transformers #1” https://youtu.be/cIqSOkx5NqM
- “CGC Unboxing: Five key Marvel first appearance issues” https://youtu.be/_Orl9vaHxYs
- “Worst CGC Unboxing – So bad it’s funny!” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S0jUW2Ur4U
- “Pack comics to mail and not break the law” https://youtu.be/CnlcG28bR6Q
- “CGC unboxing mystery … or An unwarranted concern” https://youtu.be/xQ5-Qs3GBYo
- “CGC: Two wins … and a DUD!” https://youtu.be/8CD9icVlUR0
- “First CGC Unboxing: Amazing Spider-man #300” https://youtu.be/4n2PcFg2qJY
- Top 3 things I learned in my first 5 months of selling graded comic books
- Animated Comic Book Covers
- Crack a slab! Freeing a graded comic book￼
- 2022: Opening a 2019 CGC box!
- We’re back, baby!
*All eBay links are custom to me. If you end up buying something I will receive a small percentage of the listing fee to go to the college fund. This does not track what you buy or what you look at on eBay. Thanks for your support!