This is the fourth unboxing from the grading service Certified Guaranty Company (CGC) as I set up to sell off the comic book collection I’ve been building over 40 years. Why would I sell my comics? Two sons in college. ‘nuff said, right?
This shipment turned out to be Space Ghost (1967) #1, Fantastic Four (1961) #126 origin retold, and Fantastic Four (1961) #134.
I was surprised at the grade on this one. Not in a good way. The grade for Space Ghost had me making some of the strangest faces ever.
The grades for the two FF books are also … interesting.
Watch the YouTube video to see my reaction!
((Apologies for the badly framed side camera in the video. Unfortunately it was set this way for a bunch of the unboxings. I will tried to fix a bit in post-production.))
Are you interested in purchasing one of my graded comics? Right now I haven’t put my books up for sale. Send me a message if you want to be notified when it does.
Please click the Like and Subscribe button. I’ll be sharing more unboxings, as I progress along in my journey figuring out how to sell comics online. Follow me on Twitter @TownsEnd_Comics, Facebook, and Instagram @TownsEnd_Comics to see when I put these comics and others up for sale.
Leave a comment.
Detail pages (close up images of my issues):
CGC graded detail pages (links to certified results):
eBay for sale* (what is up for sale right now)
eBay Comp research* (what has been sold in the recent past on eBay)
- “Pack comics to mail and not break the law”
- “CGC unboxing mystery … or An unwarranted concern”
- “CGC: Two wins … and a DUD!”
- “First CGC Unboxing: Amazing Spider-man #300”
- CGC Unboxing: X-Force, Spider-Man 2099 firsts; plus Bats and Supes
- CGC Unboxing: Four 9.8s and 2 Sandman keys!
- CGC Unboxing: A treasure trio of Spawns, Spider-Girl and a Wolverine whack-job!
- CGC Unboxing: 6 keys, 1 Booster bummer
- CGC Unboxing: “The Fast and the Furriest” aka “A Squirrel Girl key unboxed superfast!”
*All eBay links are custom to me. If you end up buying something I will receive a small percentage of the listing fee to go to the college fund. This does not track what you buy or what you look at on eBay. Thanks for your support!