This is the fifth unboxing from the grading service Certified Guaranty Company (CGC) as I set up to sell off the comic book collection I’ve been building over 40 years in order to pay for tuition now that I have two sons in college.
It’s the fifth video, and appropriately enough, it contains five issues of key first appearances in the Marvel universe.
- New Mutants #87 — First appearance of Cable
- Amazing Spider-Man #256 — First appearance of Puma
- Spectacular Spider-Man #64 — First appearance of Cloak and Dagger
- X-Factor #6 — First appearance of Apocalypse
- Darkhawk #1 — First appearance of Darkhawk
Overall I was happy with the grades, except for the Amazing Spider-man. You can find images and grading details of each comic book on my website (links below).
Watch the YouTube video to see the CGC grades and my reaction!
(Apologies for the badly framed side camera in the video. Unfortunately it was set this way for a bunch of the unboxings. I will tried to fix a bit in post-production.)
Are you interested in purchasing one of my graded comics? Right now I haven’t put my books up for sale. Send me a message if you want to be notified when it does.
Please click the Like and Subscribe button. I’ll be sharing more unboxings, as I progress along in my journey figuring out how to sell comics online.
Leave a comment.
Detail pages (close up images of my issues):
CGC graded detail pages (links to certified results):
eBay for sale* (what is up for sale right now)
eBay Comp research* (what has been sold in the recent past on eBay)
- “CGC Unboxing: Five key Marvel first appearance issues”
- “Pack comics to mail and not break the law”
- “CGC unboxing mystery … or An unwarranted concern”
- “CGC: Two wins … and a DUD!”
- “First CGC Unboxing: Amazing Spider-man #300”
- Top 3 things I learned in my first 5 months of selling graded comic books
- Animated Comic Book Covers
- Crack a slab! Freeing a graded comic book￼
- 2022: Opening a 2019 CGC box!
- We’re back, baby!
*All eBay links are custom to me. If you end up buying something I will receive a small percentage of the listing fee to go to the college fund. This does not track what you buy or what you look at on eBay. Thanks for your support!