If you’re just joining me on this journey, I’m setting up my 10,000 issue comic book collection to sell because I have two sons in college. Hashtag: tuition is expensive! There is a lot that goes into doing this, at least if you want to try to make the most of the collection, which means selling issues off individually. Most notably, the key issues. Key issues have significance for being a first appearance, a notable event or other attribute. The rarer the issue and its physical condition have a tremendous impact on its potential price.
This is the 11th unboxing from the grading service Certified Guaranty Company (CGC). The higher the number the CGC provides an issue, (1-10) the better.
This particular box maintained a theme relating to Venom and Spider-man.
Watch the YouTube video to see the grades and – what’s becoming clearer to be more entertaining, my reaction.
⚠ ((IMPORTANT: I do NOT know the grades of these books before I open them. Yes, I know you can look on the CGC website and find out, but I DO NOT LOOK!))
First came Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8 (December 1984), where Spider-Man gets a black costume. Spoiler alert: This suit is actually an alien symbiote who eventually becomes Venom. Next comes Amazing Spider-Man #316, which is the first cover featuring Venom (Eddie Brock). Then finally there is Amazing Spider-Man #252, which ties Marvel Team-Up #141 as being the first appearance of the black costume.
Are you interested in purchasing one of my graded comics? Right now I haven’t put my books up for sale. Send me a message if you want to be notified when they are being listed or can’t wait for me and want to make an offer. All offers are considered!
Please click the Like and Subscribe button. I’ll be sharing more unboxings, as I progress along in my journey figuring out how to sell comics online.
Leave a comment.
Detail pages (close up images of my issues):
CGC graded detail pages (links to certified results):
eBay for sale* (what is up for sale right now)
eBay Comp research* (what has been sold in the recent past on eBay)
*All eBay links are custom to me. If you end up buying something I will receive a small percentage of the listing fee to go to the college fund. This does not track what you buy or what you look at on eBay. Thanks for your support!
- “CGC Unboxing: It’s a theme! Venom, Spider-Man trifecta”
- “CGC Unboxing: It’s no joke, the Venom luck continues”
- “CGC Unboxing: X-Men train wreck with one survivor”
- “CGC Unboxing: Cap vs. Wolverine, First Psylocke, and He-man”
- “CGC Unboxing: Short, but sweet – First Infinity Gauntlet”
- “CGC Unboxing: 1st Deadpool; Ms. Marvel #1; Transformers #1”
- “CGC Unboxing: Five key Marvel first appearance issues”
- “Worst CGC Unboxing – So bad it’s funny!”
- “Pack comics to mail and not break the law”
- “CGC unboxing mystery … or An unwarranted concern”
- “CGC: Two wins … and a DUD!”
- “First CGC Unboxing: Amazing Spider-man #300”
Recent Blog Posts
- CGC Unboxing: X-Force, Spider-Man 2099 firsts; plus Bats and Supes
- CGC Unboxing: Four 9.8s and 2 Sandman keys!
- CGC Unboxing: A treasure trio of Spawns, Spider-Girl and a Wolverine whack-job!
- CGC Unboxing: 6 keys, 1 Booster bummer
- CGC Unboxing: “The Fast and the Furriest” aka “A Squirrel Girl key unboxed superfast!”